11/20/08

a very ordinary evening.

Rob is away for the evening on business (hi to you in Minneapolis, B!), so it's just me an Wig and the sucky Bengals game on TV. After a pretty tasty dinner (scrambled eggs, topped with the remains of my lentil stew and 2 pieces of toast), I've been paying bills, balancing my checkbook and feeling a bit sleepy around the edges. A tough workout and flurries outside the window are largely responsible for that.

Yay. Tomorrow's Friday, and I'm taking a half day off to putter (following a godawful H.R. meeting in the morning). On the menu for tomorrow when Rob gets home: Ina Garten's lemon roasted chicken and Moroccan couscous. Yum.

By the way, I did end up picking lettuce on Tuesday evening, after a hard freeze. That morning, it looked sad and frozen and I was afraid I'd lost it, but by the time I got home the sun had perked it up a bit and I cut the whole batch (about a row and a half of mixed variety) to bring in. We had some for dinner that night, and it was still sweet, crunchy and delicious.

1 comment:

sarah said...

I'm glad your lettuce survived afterall!