10/26/08

the finish line.

Since August, I've looked at this weekend as the finish line. This has been an extraordinarily busy stretch of time at work, culminating last week with a big, week-long annual project. I knew it was going to be hairy, and I checked off the to-do list day by day, with an eye toward October 25. At one point on Friday afternoon, I found myself feeling, almost literally, that last surge at the end of a race, my arms outstretched, head back, crossing the line.

Friday evening felt terrific, what with being home at week's end for the first time in a couple of weeks, a great dinner, the best company and the satisfaction of having made it through.

This weekend, we polished off 5 bottles of wine with our very great friends Doug & Sandy, made a killer dinner from a favorite cookbook (and Team Doug/Bryn scored 2 Euchre wins). So it's all good.

No comments: