3/26/07

now open: side porch café.

It's official: The SPC opened for the season yesterday. I spent the afternoon cleaning furniture and sweeping up five months' worth of crap and cobwebs. I got all the candles fired up before we sat down to dinner: Rob's famous burgers and grilled sweet potatoes. Perfect!

Last week was remarkable: You could see, day by day, the green-o-meter shifting to "High." The grass greened up, trees started showing that haze of chartreuse, and daffodils popped open. A warm and sunny weekend meant that the purple plums, magnolias and forsythia are going strong, and the bradford pears are in the on-deck circle. I have high hopes for a spectacular display from our lilacs and peonies. Oh! And there were plants for sale for the first time at Findlay Market on Saturday.

I've been snapping photos around the yard to document progress and chart the results of my landscaping plan. I'll post those soon.