2/8/07

tangy tomatoes.

My favorite food blog, Chocolate & Zucchini, featured a recipe for a tomato-feta dip that writer Clotilde Dusoulier says she made after a fit of spring (a bit early, eh?) cleaning of her pantry. I tinkered with the recipe when I made it this evening: I doubled the amount of feta and reduced the tomatoes by about half, and I took her alternate suggestion and added an espresso-spoon full of capers in lieu of the anchovies (eew). I dumped it all into the container of my trusty stick blender (no sense hauling out its big Kitchenaid brother). When mom comes tomorrow night for a weekend visit, I'll toast up some pitas to go alongside, and maybe bring out some rosemary/spiced cashews that I made a couple of weeks ago and stashed in the freezer. Sounds like a tasty happy hour snack for a cold night.

<edit: this is really good!>

No comments: