2/14/07

file under: that'd suck.












I took a walk around mid-day; Wrigley made the wise decision not to go with me (we'd have had to stop every few steps to fish the ice/salt chunks out of the pawpads). Up the hill on Tweed Ave., I found a few folks who were none too happy with the weather.

Still, it was really beautiful.

It occurred to me, thinking of the tragic story of the 9-year-old girl in the city who was killed by a falling tree limb while walking her dog last night, that going outside may not have been the brightest thing to do.

I'll admit that the sound of tree branches crackling overhead like falling dominoes quickened my step. Still, I was out for nearly two hours (probably four miles, give or take), walking all through Mt. Lookout and Hyde Park.

Trudging over the rough sidewalks took quite a bit of exertion, so I got a healthy workout, even managed to keep my feet underneath me. Then I went home and took a power nap.

Yep, I love snow days.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

You've got worse weather there than we do and Ileave near the north pole on a similar latitude to Fairbanks. Global warming?