1/4/09

tree, you've been lovely.


Sadly, though, it's time to carefully remove all the beloved ornaments from your branches, take off the garland draped throughout your boughs, unwrap the strings of white lights, and pack it all away for the year. I hope you've felt like a star, all dressed up in the glittering painted-glass ornaments that I love so much -- the ones that first hung on my little artificial tree in my room growing up, even a few that probably came from Grandpa's flower shop and hung on Mom & Dad's tree when they were starting out. The ones that I picked up at the Herb Barn every day-after-Thanksgiving when Mom, Grandma and I would go out together. The ones that Rob and I have collected over the years, including the one that looks like a seed packet that I purchased just a few days ago.

You've been a gorgeous and welcome addition to our home these past few weeks, and we're glad we found you that cold night.

Thank you.

No comments: