2/8/08

today.

In case you haven't checked your datebook, today is a national holiday called Be Kind to Bryn Day. I get the day off to recognize this special day. In fact, I'm the ONLY one who gets the day off—or who participates, observes or celebrates this day. Which is just as I want it.

I'm taking the day as a respite from a crummy stretch at work. Today is as much about what I'm not doing as what I am. I am not: taking the reins of a heinous project not of my own making, dealing with nasty customer comments as a result of said project, being frustrated by a general lack of respect, and enduring countless little workplace annoyances like microwaves and toilets that don't work properly.

I am: Sitting at Coffee Emporium with an exceptionally good latte, treating myself to a facial, bracing myself for a kickass workout at noon, anticipating a good lunch (more on that in a moment), looking forward to a haircut and planning to enjoy a walk with my boys and a good dinner. Hooray.

So, lunch: From 101Cookbooks, my fave food blog, a salad of spinach, white beans, toasted walnuts, goat cheese, drizzled with good olive oil and sprinkled with a generous touch of coarse salt and ground pepper. Yum.

No comments: