8/18/07

we have way too much corn.



Thirteen ears, to be exact—purchased because the price of 10 ears (which we needed) was the same as a baker's dozen (which we didn't).

So Rob grilled all of it, and we'll use what we need for tonight's dinner: Grilled salmon, yellow potato & corn salad. The recipe comes from a nifty Williams-Sonoma grilling book that Mom gave Rob last weekend.

Oh, and we should mention the wine: J sparkler, in honor of our 17th (count 'em) wedding anniversary.

Exactly 18 years ago, Rob led me up the hill in Mt. Adams toward the Church of the Immaculata, which has an amazing view of downtown. Were ostensibly in Mt. Adams to have an after-dinner cocktail at the Blind Lemon, but Rob convinced me the view was worth a look. As we walked I remember noticing that he had his hand in his pocket, which was unusual. We got to the overlook, and he stood tight behind me, and as I leaned into his chest, I felt his heart pounding. He proposed right then and there, and I've never forgotten the moment.

I still think he's hot.

No comments: